1. How do I install a Kontakt instrument?
We recommend to use Kontakt in standalone mode to a add a new library.
1. Open Kontakt, click on Libraries and select “Manage Libraries” in the center of the menu.
2. Native Instruments Native Access opens automatically.
Click on “Add a serial”.
The following overlay will open, where you have to type in the serial number of your purchased product. Then click “ADD SERIAL“.
3. Click BROWSE to find your instrument library folder and select it. Do not open the library folder or try to select the folder content. Just select the instrument folder.
It should have the name of the instrument e.g.:
- Session Keys Electric R
- Session Keys Grand Y
- Session Keys Grand S
4. Click Open
5. Make sure the correct path to the library is displayed and click install.
6. The library box will automatically appear in the Libraries tab.
Your new library is activated and the instrument is now ready to use.
2. Where can I find the Keyswitches?
The keyswitches are located at the very low end of the keyboard.
The keyswitches go from C-2 to G-2 which is 6 octaves below the Middle C (C4).
If you have a small MIDI keyboard use the “Octave -” button to navigate to the lowest octave.
3. Can the Animator export MIDI?
The Animator works quite differently from usual drum library MIDI files. What you are hearing when you use the Animator is a combination of:
a) the Animator MIDI file
b) your input chords
The MIDI file itself contains lots of notes (!) simultaneously as well as control notes.
Only in combination with the real time algorithms of the Animator engine and your chords will you get musical results.
Therefore it is not possible to export the exact phrase you are hearing in MIDI.
4. Compatible platforms and DAWs
Kontakt instruments (Session Strings, Session Horns, Session Keys):
OS X 10.9, 10.10 or 10.11.1 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2
4 GB RAM(6 GB recommended for large KONTAKT Instruments)
Stand-alone, VST, Audio Units, ASIO, Core Audio, WASAPI, AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)
These interfaces make the instruments compatible with most major DAWs:
Ableton instruments (Studio Bass, Studio Grand Series):
Ableton Live 9.0.1 or higher + Ableton Sampler
Ableton Live 9 requirements:
Intel® Mac with Mac OS X 10.7 or later
Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
4 GB RAM
Studio One instruments (eBass):
Presonus Studio One 3
Studio One 3 requirements:
Mac® OS X 10.7.2 or later
Intel® Core™ Duo processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or Core i3 or better recommended)
2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
Windows 7x 64/x86 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1 x64/x86 or Windows 10 x64/x86
Intel Core 2 processor (Intel Core i3 processor or better recommended)
4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
Internet connection (not required on machine where Studio One is installed but needed for activation)
Monitor with 1280×768 resolution
20 GB hard-drive space
5. How many installations are allowed?
Our Kontakt instruments can be installed on up to 3 machines.
6. Further questions? Drop us a line.
Email us your question in the form below. We will do our best to answer your query within 24 hours.
Please include as much information about your problem as possible including OS, DAW and error messages.